Okay, so I'm not going to do social media other than this. You wanna know what's going on? Hit me up here. I don't promise it'll be anything earth shaking, but it's what's going on with us- our nuclear family. Together we're Tay, Rae, Hae, and May. This is a recount of A day in the life of... Us!





Thursday, February 4, 2010

Latest House Progress

Without further delay, here's the latest on the house. We should be able to move in sometime in the third week of February. It's longer than we were told and longer than we expected, but I suppose that's part of the pitfall of building during the dead of winter. We've got our time line in place, but that could be delayed again by the weather. This week, the septic should have been started. Builder says its too hard to excavate a hold the size septic tank with a backhoe when it rained 2" in 2 weeks... Hmm... Makes sense I suppose.

I absolutely love my closet and the height of the counter tops and my farmhouse sink and the beautiful full stone fire place... I love the game room on it's own merits, plus Haley thinks its the coolest thing ever. One of the things I'm most excited about is the heated swimming pool. It's supposed to be swimmable year-round!

Last weekend I was able to get a lot of leg work for the house completed. Several furniture stores were having sales. I went to Ashley's and found a rug- it was the floor model so I got it at a good discount, plus it's in good condition. Carter's is having a moving sale and I found a complete solid pine captain's bed set (with a desk, mirror, chair, and dresser) and a beautiful girly soft gray rug for Haley at a real bargain. I'm tellin' ya-- I don't pay retail for anything big! And we got our new flat screen TV (fun story-- needs to be a separate post!).

I will post the latest house pics, but know that the house has already evolved since these were taken. I think I'd drive myself crazy if I stayed right on top of it.

The back porch: the "nook" part of the porch is full stone. The wall under the balcony is brick. The black tarp to the R of the pic is the pool template.


The front of my beautiful house. Look closely- the window sills aren't complete here (are now) and the temporary posts are now square cedar. Haven't looked yet this week, but it should be rocked ~3 ft high up the posts. Front porch has not been poured yet.


This is the notch-out for the farm house sink. By now the cabinets are stained a rustic green and lacquered. It's possible that the countertops have been installed and that the tile back splash is also up.


My beautiful rock fireplace. I love the raised hearth and the rounded corners (especially with a new baby on the way). Our flat screen will be on the mantle which will be a cedar plank. I love the detail-- the brickers saved the best fossilized pieces for here. I love it! The walls should be painted by this weekend when we go look.


Ah, the pool- installed just before a good-ol West Texas spring wind storm! It's now all the way full and has cool-coat decking around it. This pic is taken from the balcony-- the edge of the pool is far enough away from the balcony that children (and drunk "boys") won't be tempted to jump in. (The balcony now has concrete poured but we're still waiting for the railing to be installed.)