Okay, so I'm not going to do social media other than this. You wanna know what's going on? Hit me up here. I don't promise it'll be anything earth shaking, but it's what's going on with us- our nuclear family. Together we're Tay, Rae, Hae, and May. This is a recount of A day in the life of... Us!





Saturday, February 20, 2010

Moving? Think again...

[GRR! My origin text disappeared while I was uploading all my pics!]

So we're not moving in this weekend. The banker was (rightly) worried about the builder, and the builder was (rightly) worried about the bank/paperwork. And then work schedules became inflexible. Tentative closing has been set for Tuesday afternoon. Coincidently, the beautiful weather we've been having will surely change by then. Another "artic front" is supposed to drop temps to low of 26 and high of 40 with chance of rain/wintery mix. Joyful.

After being gone for a week and a half, the builder came back Thursday (the day before our scheduled closing) to break my heart and let me know that we would no way be moving in this weekend. The foreman had busted his rear to try to make it happen, but a few loose ends just couldn't be wrapped up. Thankfully there were workers out there today and we got the game room carpet installed and the painters are coming (AGAIN) to finish touchups.

On the banking side of things, the appraisal came in under value. So my banker (who has been more like a teacher walking us through this whole process), made sure the appraiser had all the valid documents. No luck on that. So banker-man had to re-manipulate the numbers again. So that complication would have kept us from closing Friday anyway.

And then Taylor's sergeant informed Taylor that the days he has asked off and been given off had been rescinded. So even if we did move this weekend, Taylor would be splitting at least half his day with work. On my end of things, Friday would have been a terrible day to miss because we were so crazy busy! It was the busiest day of a very busy week and, frankly, I am exhausted! This weekend off is unexpected but absolutely appreciated.

Cross your fingers that things will actually fall into place this week as (re)scheduled.


The carrige light outside the garage

The lights and mirror trim in the master bath

Two corner shelves and the bench in the master shower

Dual shower heads in the master shower. Notice the decorative accent band
Master vanity- has dual sinks and my air jet tub; countertops are really tall which is good for us tall people!

The awesome light box in the master bedroom- the dual steps give soft ambient lighting- I love it more than I thought I would!

Kids' bath has the same basic stuff (countertops, cabinets and dual shower heads, except we set their hand held head low)

See, it's low- perfect for little people

West side of the front porch with the fence posts being set today

Close up of the front porch lights

East side of the front porch- note the concrete has been poured now; can you imagine sitting and rocking out here?

My fireplace, hearth and the mantle; note the stained concrete floors- my first time to see them was today!

My house- pic taken from the dining area; living area to the left and kitchen to the right; the doorway there leads to my office and the master bed/bath

The dining area- I just LOVE my floors! Except that we had to be on them barefoot today- they are COLD! (Gift ideas- house shoes for everyone!)

Ah, my kitchen as seen from the dining room; the entry way on the right leads directly to the laundry room and a right turn takes you up to the game room

My island with butcher block top

My country cabinetry with tumbled travertine back splash and granite countertops; refridgerator will go in that big open spot. Notice the flat coooktop between the double ovens and frig

My farm house sink! I have wanted one of these for ever I think. I just love it!

Another view of my country kitchen

Taylor posing in the laundry room; half bath is to the right and my utility sink and work area is to the left

Work area of the laundry room

Not so good pic of the game room- carpet being installed; Strange, but I love the smell of newly installed carpet...

Game room lighting- wish I could have gotten a better pic of the pool table light- it's just perfect for the space!