Okay, so I'm not going to do social media other than this. You wanna know what's going on? Hit me up here. I don't promise it'll be anything earth shaking, but it's what's going on with us- our nuclear family. Together we're Tay, Rae, Hae, and May. This is a recount of A day in the life of... Us!





Sunday, May 9, 2010

Check-Up

So good news last Friday!

I'm a little more effaced, no more dilated and right where I should be for this stage of pregnancy. Effective today I am 36 weeks and coming off bed rest. Sounds easier than what it actually is though. I'm pretty tired after 2 full weeks of very minimal activity.
This weekend we went to a planned family "retreat" at a lodge in San Angelo, with my doctor's permission. It was so peaceful and quiet (minus the three active grandchildren, Haley included). After the busy day on Friday morning (doctor and all..) I was fairly tired by the time I got there but did get to rest. It was pretty nice and an awesome Mother's Day weekend. I liked being able to get outta the house for the first time in 2 weeks!
So now that I'm off bedrest, I can be active to tolerance (though no work). I'm happy that I am allowed to take Haley to and from school and take care of necessary things like my haircut. My list of "do nots" is now a list of "if you cans." YAY!
And my sis-in-law is flying in on Tuesday and I'll be able to pick her up and be able to be active and not so much a bump on a log. Taylor's working his long week, plus doing some other things that will put him out-of-pocket this week and next.
If I go into labor at this point, Macy will come; in other words, Dr. Locke won't stop my labor after 36 weeks. Another milestone passed! I'm having a hard time adjusting from the "don't come" attitude to the "any day" now concept. Hard to believe we're on the cusp of adding my second daughter to the family! YAY!!