Okay, so I'm not going to do social media other than this. You wanna know what's going on? Hit me up here. I don't promise it'll be anything earth shaking, but it's what's going on with us- our nuclear family. Together we're Tay, Rae, Hae, and May. This is a recount of A day in the life of... Us!





Sunday, May 9, 2010

House- we are moved in!

My last house update was about the timing of moving in. Didn't happen that beautiful weekend that we had hoped. Nope. We moved in Tuesday Feb 23. That date is significant for the 8th most snowy day in Midland's history. Yup, pregnant and moving in the snow... OY!
Thanks goodness for family and good friends. They really did the bulk of the moving while I cleaned the apartment and took care of the loose ends. But we made it all out of the the apartment on that day. The paint, literally, wasn't even dry yet at the house. That weekend we emptied out the storage. I had all my things back! Now I had to unpack.
Taylor urged me not to get too crazy and aggressive, that I needed to rest more. But my brain couldn't process that. Except our first apartment, I have never completely unpacked anywhere we've lived. So my brain said that if I didn't unpack, we wouldn't really be staying here. So unpack I did. I had the house completed and ready for visiting right at the first of April. All the while working full-time and being pregnant-fatigued. Whew!
We've got grass planted in the back yard and the pool has survived what the spring season has offered. We're still suffering the dust with our barren landscape and spring winds, but it's getting better.
It's almost as if my house were expecting my prolonged stay and wanted me to finish getting everything ready. So it's completed and I'm happy. We're all moved in! Maybe this week I'll be up to cleaning the house and taking pictures to post... unless Macy makes her debut before then.